Scholarships for young scientists
Scholarships for young scientists (registration fee waivers)
The PLPF9 organization (with the help of its sponsors) and the Iberian Association of Limnology (AIL) offer opportunities of support to young scientists attending the PLPF9 congress. Scholarship recipients will receive free registration for the conference; all other costs incurred for travel and lodging are the responsibility of the recipient. The registration fee waivers cannot be transferred to others.
PLPF9 fee waiver scholarship (3 grants)
If plant litter processing in freshwaters is really your “thing”, you can apply to the PLPF9 scholarship by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a 1-page short cv (in pdf) and a video (see instructions below), with the subject “PLPF9 scholarship application”.
Conditions for eligibility:
- applicant must be a MSc or PhD student, or must have concluded one of these degrees within the last year
- applicant must submit an abstract as the presenting author of an oral presentation (until the 10th December 2021)
- applicant must send email with video and short cv until the 10th January 2022
Instructions for video:
- the video must consist of a 1-2 min pitch, where the applicant presents herself/himself and the subject of his/her talk
- applicants should use their time wisely to emphasize what best favours them (see also information below about the jury); be creative and surprise us!
- the video must be uploaded in a cloud server and made available via public link (pasted in the email body)
- video file should be saved preferably as .mp4 or .h264 format and cannot be larger than 400 MB; other acceptable formats are .mov, .wmv or .avi
Jury composition and other information:
- Fernanda Cássio, Cláudia Pascoal and Bruno B. Castro will be the evaluators of the quality of the applications (pitch + applicant cv)
- the jury will be sensitive to the current professional situation and the geographic provenance (i.e., travel distance) of the applicant
AIL grant to young scientists (2 grants)
The Iberian Association of Limnology (AIL) offers 2 grants to attend and present a communication at the 9th Plant
Litter Processing in Freshwaters Congress PLPF9 (University of Minho, Braga, 16-19 May 2022, https://plpf9.org ). The
grants will cover the early registration fee for students (230€ each).
All the information can be found HERE
The Grant application form can be downloaded HERE